Choosing an Accident at Work Solicitor

Workplace accidents are often the most unexpected. When you’re in a familiar environment carrying out everyday tasks, getting injured will be the last thing on your mind. Yet, 561,000 people suffered a non-fatal injury at work between 2022 and 2023.  

For 124,000 of these people, this incident meant they were absent from work for more than seven days. So, workplace accidents can significantly impact a household’s finances alongside personal pain and suffering.  

If you’ve suffered an incident like this in the past three years, the right work accident solicitors will help you get a financial settlement to cover these costs. This article will explain exactly what these specialist lawyers do and how you can find the best one for your case.  

What are accident at work solicitors? 

Accident-at-work solicitors are legal professionals who specialise in work injury compensation cases. They represent employees who have suffered injuries while in the workplace or when performing the responsibilities of their job role.  

Otherwise known as work injury lawyers, they have particular expertise in employment and workplace health and safety law. This makes them well-placed to advise injured individuals on whether an employer was negligent in their legal responsibilities and if they’re entitled to compensation.  

Why do I need work injury solicitors specifically? 

Having injury at work lawyers means you’ll have the legal support and expertise to navigate the compensation claim process successfully. These specialist solicitors have a thorough understanding of this area of the law. They’ll know your employer’s obligations, whether they breached them, and what compensation you’re entitled to.  

By instructing a solicitor who’s experienced in cases similar to yours, you’re more likely to reach a fair and appropriate compensation agreement. It also means you don’t have to deal directly with your employer. This will help you maintain a professional relationship with them. Something fundamental if you plan on returning to work.  

Hiring a work accident solicitor also means they’ll work on your compensation case for you. If your case is complex or doesn’t reach an acceptable financial settlement quickly, then the claims process can be difficult to navigate alone. It will involve building evidence of your employer’s negligence, dealing with their lawyers and negotiating the final settlement.  

Rather than having the emotional strain of dealing with your claim alone, hiring a specialist solicitor means you can focus on recovering while they take care of the case on your behalf.  

What your injury at work lawyer will do for you 

To make a successful accident at work compensation claim, your case must prove you’ve suffered injuries due to your employer’s negligence. This could be due to:  

  • An unsafe working environment with faulty machinery, a lack of team training or inadequate health and safety controls and procedures 
  • An accident in the workplace, whether that’s a vehicle collision at a construction site or a trip in an office environment 
  • An unsafe place or system of work, this can include hazardous traffic routes and walkways

A work accident solicitor is experienced in dealing with all of the above cases and knows what constitutes employer negligence under the law. As such, they’ll be able to advise you as to whether your claim is eligible or not and advice on how much compensation you’re entitled to.  

Once this is established, these specialist lawyers can guide you through the claims process. This includes gathering evidence for your case, determining how much compensation you’re entitled to and representing you in meetings or court proceedings.  

Gather evidence 

To prove your case is worthy of compensation, evidence of your employer’s negligence under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 must be gathered. The facts of your case will determine the exact nature of this evidence.  

For example, proving that an angle grinder injury was due to lack of training will require different evidence to an accident caused by inadequate staffing.  

However, it could include:  

  • Proof of an event, including eyewitness statements, emergency services reports or CCTV footage 
  • Documentation such as health and safety reports, risk assessments, employment contracts and training or maintenance logs 
  • Testimony from a claimant’s loved ones, other employees or appropriate experts, such as specialist doctors 
  • Medical evidence of the injuries an employee has suffered, including diagnosis reports, scans and long-term care or rehabilitation plans 

A solicitor won’t just advise on the type of evidence you need to build a successful case but gather it on your behalf. This includes instructing experts, commissioning interviews and requesting confidential information. So you don’t need to spend time and effort chasing this evidence and can be confident in your case’s strength.  

Calculate compensation 

Again, the amount of compensation you’re entitled to will depend on the facts of your case. With experience building ‘schedules of damages’ for these cases, a work injury lawyer may recommend claiming for costs you didn’t think you were eligible for. They’ll bring this together in a single document for your final settlement negotiation.  

The costs may include:  

  • Damages for the pain and suffering you’ve had as a result of your injury 
  • Past and future loss of earnings due to injury-related absence, including any pension contributions or benefits you’ve missed out on 
  • Legal costs associated with building and settling your claim, including lawyer and expert fees 
  • Financial cover for any long-term care or rehabilitation you need to undergo as part of your recovery 
  • Expenses related to maintaining your quality of life, such as costs you’ve incurred while making appropriate adjustments to your home 

By having a specialist work injury lawyer calculate and negotiate your compensation entitlement, you’ll ensure you get a final total that’s fair and appropriate for the suffering you’ve experienced. 

Act on your behalf  

An injury at work lawyer will be your representative during the claims process. This means you don’t have to deal with legal jargon, complicated paperwork or complex negotiations alone. It also means you’ve got an experienced expert in your corner to give you advice and help you reach the best possible settlement.  

By choosing the right solicitor, you can get professional, friendly support that leaves you with complete financial compensation and a positive relationship with your employer.  

How to choose the right injury at work solicitors 

There are plenty of injury at work solicitors out there. On the face of it, there might not be much that separates one legal professional from another. However, to make sure you get the best possible representation in your case, choose a solicitor with the right:  

  • Expertise, including a specialism in workplace accident law, full industry accreditations and qualifications 
  • Experience in settling cases similar to yours, whether they’re construction-related accidents or work-related stress claims 
  • Approach to your case, including acting professionally on your behalf and being transparent and understanding in their communications with you 

If you’re struggling to find a solicitor who meets the above requirements, then the Compensation Experts can help. We only work with trustworthy specialist lawyers who will act on your behalf on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. We’ll put you in touch with the right experts for your case so you can focus on your recovery and get the compensation you deserve.  

How to Claim for Pothole Damage 

Potholes are a common problem on Britain’s roads. Not only can potholes cause vehicle damage, they can also lead to injury for cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians.   

Injuries sustained from potholes can range from minor injuries, such as cuts and bruises, to more serious cases involving soft tissue injuries, broken bones, head injuries and spinal cord injury. In some cases, pothole accidents can even be fatal.   

If you’ve suffered an injury due to a pothole, read on to find out how to claim for pothole damage.  

Who can make a pothole damage claim?   

While we often support cyclists and bikers with claims for pothole damage where they have been injured during a road traffic accident, pedestrians can also make pothole damage claims.  

  • Cycle accident claims – Cyclists are particularly vulnerable when it comes to potholes, due to the fact they don’t have a vehicle body to protect them. If a cyclist hits a pothole, they can lose balance and fall from their bike or collide with other vehicles, leading to serious injury.   
  • Motorbike accidents – Potholes can be extremely dangerous for bikers too. If a motorcyclist encounters a pothole, they might not be able to react in time, leading to them being thrown from their motorbike at high speed.  
  • Trip, slip, and fall claims – Cutbacks mean that the condition of our roads and pavements is deteriorating, which often leads to trips and falls. If a pedestrian is injured due to tripping in a pothole, they may be able to claim compensation for pothole damage.  

What the law says about potholes   

When making a claim for pothole damage, who you make the claim against will depend on where the pothole was situated.  

According to the Highways Act 1980, it is the responsibility of either the highways authority or the local authority to maintain public roads and repair potholes or other road defects. Where the local authority is responsible, you may be able to make a compensation claim against the council.  

When a pothole is on a private road, or on land managed by a business, under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 in England and Wales and the Occupiers’ Liability (Scotland) Act 1960 for Scotland, it is the occupier of the premises who has a responsibility to keep people safe.  

If you’ve been involved in a pothole accident, you should report the pothole to the relevant authority.  

What is required for a pothole claim?  

To make a claim for pothole damage, you need to be able to prove that you’ve been injured and that your injury was caused by a road defect, or pothole. Your solicitor will also need to prove that the accident was a result of the negligence of another person, or entity.  

If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian, to claim for pothole compensation, you need to have fallen in a pothole more than one inch deep or tripped over uneven paving which sticks up by at least an inch (2.5 centimetres).  

To be eligible to claim, the injury should have taken place within the last three years. There are some exceptions to the three-year rule; for example, for those under 18, the three-year time restriction does not start until their 18th birthday. There are other exceptions – if you’re not sure if you or a loved one is eligible for compensation, it’s best to get in touch with us as soon as possible to discuss the specifics of your claim.  

Whatever the circumstances of your accident, we work with carefully selected legal experts who specialise in claims for pothole damage. They are best qualified to help you access legal support, so that you can get the compensation you deserve.   

Types of injuries caused by potholes  

At The Compensation Experts, we work with personal injury solicitors who have extensive experience in handling pothole damage claims. Our experts are reputable, and the very best in their field. They have experience handling pothole claims that have resulted in:  

What evidence do you need to submit your claim?   

To claim compensation for pothole damage, you’ll need to provide evidence to support your claim. Your solicitor will gather evidence on your behalf, but any evidence you can obtain yourself can help strengthen your case and impact the outcome of your claim for pothole damage.  

Your solicitor will present your claim and the local authority will then conduct their own investigations. Pothole claims can be particularly tricky, as local authorities will often deny liability, arguing that they weren’t aware of the pothole or denying that it even exists.  

As part of their defence, the local authority may include details of when the road was inspected. The local authority will provide evidence to prove whether or not they have fulfilled their statutory Section 58 Highways Act Obligations, sending reports on inspections and repairs that have taken place on that location. For this reason, good photographic evidence is crucial in claims for pothole damage. 

It can help your claim for pothole damage if you can prove the exact location, position, depth and width of the pothole. Photographs should include landmarks where possible, showing clearly where the defect is. It’s also important to get clear measurements, illustrating the depth and width of the pothole, as well as location on the road. The size of the defect is very important when bringing a claim, so good photos will allow a solicitor to consider this. 

You should try to take a photograph of the pothole as soon as you can, at the time of the accident if possible, as road defects can change over time and sometimes repairs can take place before you’ve started your claim. Witnesses may be able to help you gather evidence such as photographs, if your injuries are serious. 

As well as photographic evidence, you should keep a note of what happened and when, including as much detail as possible, such as weather conditions and how busy the road was. Take details of witnesses and keep records of your injuries, as well as any damage to your vehicle or other property.  

Medical evidence will form an important part of your pothole damage claim, so make sure you keep a record of symptoms and how your injuries progress over time. Also make a note of any treatment, care, or support you receive as a result of your accident. Your solicitor will request your medical records from your GP/hospital on your behalf.  

Keep receipts for any expenses you incur as a result of the accident. 

If you’re claiming for property damage to your bike, motorbike or other items such as clothing, provide the original purchase receipts if you can, along with photos of the items. You should also provide a quote for repair costs. If you don’t have receipts, then an estimate of the replacement cost on a like for like basis will help. If your bicycle or motorbike is written off, you should try and get a quote for the pre-accident value.  

How to start your pothole damage claim   

Step 1: To start your claim for pothole damage, you should seek specialist legal advice as soon as possible. We have a network of the best pothole injury solicitors who can help you claim the compensation you’re entitled to.  

If you sustained an injury from a pothole as a pedestrian, please visit here to start your claim.  

If you sustained an injury from a pothole while on a motorbike, please visit here, or for a cycling pothole claim, visit here.  

Alternatively, you can call our friendly agents on 0800 182 2189 or request a callback 

Step 2: Once we’ve confirmed that we can proceed with your claim, our compassionate UK customer care team will listen to and understand your situation before putting you in touch with an expert pothole injury solicitor to progress your claim for pothole damage.  

Step 3: Your solicitor will gather evidence and will notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will either win the compensation you deserve, or you’ll pay nothing as per our No Win No Fee guarantee

Amount of compensation for pothole damage   

When claiming compensation for pothole damage, the amount you receive will depend on a range of factors, including the severity of your injuries and any financial losses you’ve suffered. Your solicitor will help make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation for your losses. 

The compensation award for your injuries is guided by the Judicial College Guidelines and case law. Below we’ve given the recommended compensation brackets as outlined in The Judicial College Guidelines. Please note that these figures are for guidance only and that they only cover the general damages (pain and suffering compensation) portion of your claim.  

Head Injury  

Where the person injured is in a permanently vegetative state or is unable to follow basic commands or produce any meaningful responses, the compensation award can be between £282,010 to £403,990.   

If concentration and memory are affected, the ability to work is reduced, where there is a small risk of epilepsy, and any dependence on others is very limited. There may nonetheless be vestibular symptoms and an effect on senses – the compensation bracket is £43,060 to £90,720.  

Soft tissue injuries/whiplash 

If you make a full recovery between three months and a year, you can expect to receive between £2,450 to £4,350.  If a full recovery is made within three months, we expect you to receive up to £2,450.  

Fracture to the collarbone 

The compensation figure for a fractured collarbone is between £5,150 to £12,240. The amount of compensation will depend on how serious the fracture is and any permanent residual injuries.   


For less significant scarring, you could receive compensation of between £3,950 to £13,740.   

Scarring is subjective, so the value of the claim will depend on whether the scarring is permanent and where it is on the body. For example, permanent scarring to an area that is hard to conceal, such as the lower arms, face, and lower leg, can attract a higher award.   

Despite the guidelines, based on case law, non-permanent scarring that can be easily concealed may only bring an award of a couple of hundred pounds.   

If you have one single scar (not hyperpigmented or keloid) that can be hidden or camouflaged, and there is no significant cosmetic damage, you’re likely to receive compensation at the lowest end of the recommended amount below: 

Trivial Scarring: £1,710 to £3,530  

As with above, it is subjective, and final compensation figure can often be less than the recommendation.   

Minor injuries 

For injuries where you make a complete recovery within seven days, it’s likely you’ll receive a few hundred pounds; up to £690.  

For those who recover within 28 days, the bracket is £690 to £1,370.  

Where a full recovery is made within three months, you’re likely to receive compensation of between £1,370 to £2,450.  

Psychological injuries 

Less Severe: £1,540 to £5,860  

This level of the award will consider the length of the period of disability and the extent to which daily activities and sleep were impacted.  

Moderate:  £5,860-£19,070  

The Claimant will have largely recovered, and any continuing effects will not be grossly disabling.  

If you’re diagnosed with PTSD and have made a full recovery within 1-2 years with only minor symptoms remaining, the guidance suggests compensation of £3,950-£8,180

Because every claim for pothole damage is different, the amount of compensation awarded can also differ from case to case.  To get an estimate for your pothole damage claim, visit our Compensation Calculator.  

Pothole damage claims we’ve handled   

We helped a pregnant woman who tripped on a pothole while crossing the road on her lunch break. Luckily, her unborn baby was unharmed, but she suffered a broken bone in her foot, as well as grazes to her knees and elbows. Compensation figure: £3,637

We helped a courier secure compensation for pothole damage after he stepped into a large pothole while on a delivery. The man’s ankle twisted and he fell, suffering a soft tissue injury to his ankle. Compensation figure: £4,449

To start your pothole damage claim, speak to The Compensation Experts today on 0800 182 2192 or start your claim online 

Road Traffic Collisions: Find the Right Solicitor 

Being involved in a collision as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist, pedal cyclist, or while on an electric scooter or mobility scooter, is a very distressing experience. But if you are involved in a road collision, you might be entitled to compensation. Here’s how to find the right solicitor for you. 

In 2022, there were 136,002 casualties on British roads – that’s 372 injuries every single day. While many of these injuries are minor, 28,101 of them were classified as “serious”. 

Suppose you are involved in an accident or collision as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist, scooter user or pedal cyclist. You should approach a specialist lawyer to see if you have a compensation case.  

This article explains what road traffic accident solicitors do, the types of cases they work on and how to choose the best one to represent you. 

The role of a road traffic accident solicitor 

Road accident solicitors are legal professionals who handle road traffic collision compensation cases for their clients. 

They represent drivers, passengers and pedestrians injured in road traffic accidents. They specialise in this area of law and are highly effective at securing compensation settlements for their clients. 

They see the process from your initial enquiry to the day you receive your compensation. At every stage of your claim, they keep you informed on the progress of your case. 

For some low value claims, you can submit your claim via the Official Injury Claim (OIC) service. The OIC service can be used to settle a personal injury claim without a solicitor, where the claim is related to a road traffic accident and is valued at £5,000 or less. 

Road traffic accident solicitor specialisms 

Road traffic accident solicitors represent drivers, motorcyclists, scooter users, pedal cyclists, passengers and pedestrians. 

Below, find out more about the types of collisions and accidents road accident solicitors can help you claim compensation for. 

Cars, vans and lorries 

Cars, LGVs and HGVs account for the most accidents and fatalities on British roads. 

Typical car accident injury claims in the UK include: 

  • Hit and run incidents: This is when a driver causes an accident and doesn’t provide contact details or assistance to the other driver. If you don’t have the other driver’s details, if you meet their criteria, The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) will cover you, but you’ll need to gather evidence to support your claim, and it can be difficult to navigate these cases alone. We’d recommend working with a professional to make this process as smooth as possible for you. If you’re involved in a hit and run accident, you must report the accident to the police within 14 days, unless you have good reason not to have done so. You might not be able to make a claim without making a report.  
  • Traffic signal violations: Accidents often result from drivers not obeying (or not paying attention to) red lights or stop signs. These incidents can result in serious injuries. Cases involving signal violations tend to involve disputes in liability.  
  • Accidents in car parks: Many accidents happen with prangs and injuries caused by drivers not paying enough attention to their surroundings. These are generally minor incidents, but still very inconvenient with the potential to be costly. In car park claims, it is helpful to have photographic evidence of the damage to both vehicles.    
  • Driving under the influence: Although thankfully on the decrease, there are still too many accidents caused by drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs. When behind the wheel, drivers have a duty of care to their passengers, and other road users, to be clear-headed. Not to mention, driving under the influence is against the law.  
  • Pedestrian crossing incidents: Vehicles sometimes fail to stop at pedestrian crossings or for Lollipop persons. These incidents can be serious and result in vulnerable pedestrians being injured.  

Van drivers face these issues as well as other challenges.  

For example, they’re more prone to collision because they have more prominent blind spots, and driving them through narrow streets is difficult. Multi-drop drivers, like couriers, may also cause damage to other vehicles or injuries to others when loading and unloading goods. 

Lorry (HGV) drivers have to contend with additional difficulties too. 

Accidents that lead to lorry and HGV accident claims often happen because of issues like overtaking, tailgating, needing more time to stop and problems at intersections caused by their wide turning circles.  

Also, lorries can be more prone to being involved in motorway accidents because they’re large and complex to steer. If you’re a lorry driver involved in a collision, you might be able to claim if the vehicle you controlled had a problem before the accident. 

Motorbikes and bicycles 

Motorbikes face unique risks on the road. In 2022, there were 16,943 incidents in 2022 which led to 350 fatalities. You may be able to apply for motorbike accident compensation claims for these types of incidents: 

  • Filtering accidents: A collision with one or more other vehicles when riding alongside or between slow-moving or stationary traffic to make quicker progress. 
  • Car U-turn collisions: This often happens when a car or larger vehicle performs a u-turn and collides with a filtering motorbike.   
  • Junction accidents: Collisions often occur when vehicles join or leave fast roads, make right turns or navigate through intersections. 
  • Bike/bus lane incidents: Although bikes are often prohibited from bus lanes, bus drivers still have a duty of care to watch out for you. 
  • Dropping the bike: This is when a motorcyclist lays down their bike to prevent a more severe collision. 
  • Pothole-related accidents: These are complicated cases requiring a specialist solicitor to prove that the local council knew the pothole existed and didn’t fix it within the statutory period allowed. 
  • Road debris and spillage incidents: You can claim compensation, although you will need a specialist solicitor to help as these are complex cases. 
  • Accidents involving animals and children: You need to demonstrate that you were travelling at a safe speed to be able to claim compensation for incidents involving animals or children. 
  • “Dooring” accidents: This is a collision caused when a car or vehicle door is opened which you crash into. 
  • Undertaking situations: Motorcyclists can legally undertake other road users if they signal and there is enough room but you’ll need to show you were driving safely. 

Pedal cyclists face many of these same risks. Consider contacting a cycling accident compensation expert if you’re injured on your bike for one of the reasons above. 

Pedal cyclists also face situations unique to them, including: 

  • Close pass incidents: Pedal bikes are so light that a gust of wind can topple riders if a vehicle overtakes them too closely. 
  • Bike lane transgressions: Cars, vans and buses often knock cyclists over by veering into designated cycle lanes. 
  • Rear-end collisions: This occurs when you’re at a red light or roundabout and a car shunts into you from behind. 

Bus collisions and accidents 

While bus transport is generally safe, accidents and collisions do occur. In 2022, there were 2,134 road casualties involving bus and coach occupants. 

Buses present specific risks on the road due to their size and unique operating conditions. You can claim compensation for a business accident or collision as a passenger, pedestrian or other road user. 

Common bus accident claims include: 

  • Pedestrian collisions: This can happen when a pedestrian is hit by a bus when crossing the street or at a bus stop if the driver fails to stop in time. 
  • Passenger injuries: This might happen if you’re on a bus and get thrown around or fall over if another vehicle hits or backs into your bus. It also covers injuries from sudden bus movements when you’re getting on or off. 
  • Driver injuries: If you’re a bus driver and injured during a collision or accident, you may be entitled to compensation if the accident was the fault of another vehicle or if there were mechanical issues with the bus. 
  • Other road users: If a bus crashes into your car or van, causing injury and/or damage to your vehicle, you may be able to claim compensation. 

Who will handle your case? 

Your case will be handled by an experienced road traffic accident claim solicitor and their team.  

There are three stages to the process: 

Gathering evidence 

First, your solicitor will want to establish that you’ve suffered a genuine injury. 

Your GP or consultant’s medical notes about your accident will often be enough.  

If there is a prospect of bringing a claim, an independent expert witness may be utilised. That’s because a specialist will be better able to understand and describe the extent of your injuries, and their impacts on your life moving forwards. 

Establishing who’s to blame 

Sometimes, the other party (the ‘defendant’) will fully admit liability. This dramatically simplifies and speeds the process up, meaning you’ll get your compensation faster.  

Other times, though, the defendant will dispute liability. You’d benefit from the support of an experienced personal injury lawyer if this happens. 

Your solicitor’s job is to defend your interests and maximise your compensation. To do this, they forensically examine all the available evidence about the accident.  

They aim to create an accurate timeline by gathering evidence about the accident, like CCTV footage, witness accounts, police reports, photographs of the damage sustained to the vehicle, photographs of any injuries/ accident location, and statements from you and the defendant. 

Your solicitor then sends this evidence to your defendant’s insurers. They then review the evidence and conduct their assessment. They may accept liability and offer a settlement or dispute the claim.  

If liability is not admitted, your solicitor will negotiate robustly on your behalf to ensure the division of blame is fair and just.  

Working out how much compensation you’ll receive 

As well as building a timeline of events to present your case to the defendant’s insurer, your solicitor also assesses how much compensation to seek on your behalf.  

To do this, they consider multiple factors, including: 

  • Damages for pain, suffering and psychological impact: This can include compensation for emotional distress and trauma. 
  • Loss of earnings and future earnings: This can include your pension contributions and other benefits missed because you’re absent from work. This may add up to a significant sum if you’ve been permanently disabled from your accident or you’ll need a long time to recover fully. 
  • Damaged property:  If you have the original receipts for the items and photographs of the damage sustained, this will help. Alternatively, if you do not have the original receipts, we will need estimates for their replacement cost on a like-for-like basis. 
  • Treatment costs: If you have been recommended and received treatment privately.  
  • Care-related costs: You may be able to claim for personal care and household help costs during your recovery. Your claim may also cover private healthcare, rehabilitation costs, and psychological treatments like therapy and counselling. 
  • Travel-related costs: If your vehicle was involved in the accident, your claim may cover the costs of its replacement or repair. You may also be compensated for travel expenses if your injury prevents you from driving and you have to rely on taxis and other public transport. 
  • Legal fees: This includes your solicitor’s costs and the costs of any expert witnesses they need to pay.  
  • Disrupted plans: If you’ve booked and paid for a holiday or other form of entertainment you cannot attend because of your accident, you may be able to include those in your claim. 

The solicitors we work with offer a “no win, no fee” arrangement. While you pay nothing if your solicitor loses the case, part of your compensation will cover your solicitor’s costs if you win. You’re notified in advance of what those fee arrangements will be. 

Although your solicitor will request a specific amount of compensation, what you’re awarded may be reduced proportionately if you’re found to be partly at fault for the accident. 

What type of road traffic injuries do our experts handle? 

The types of road traffic accident injury claims handled by the specialist solicitors we work with include: 

  • Back injuries: Minor back pain compensation awards vary from around £11,500 for minor pain up to £150,000 for major back injuries. For soft tissue injuries, the compensation amount may be considerably lower than this.  
  • Head injuries: Head injury compensation starts from up to £11,000 for a mild head injury and up to £380,000 for severe head injuries (including serious brain damage). 
  • Arm injuries: You could claim between £5,280 and £15,300 for a broken arm. Different levels of arm injury compensation are available for other injuries like soft tissue injuries, repetitive strain injuries and burns
  • Foot injuries: You can claim for various foot injuries ranging from dislocations to sprains and strains. 
  • Knee injuries: Knee injuries can attract compensation of between £10,960 and £76,690, depending on their seriousness.  
  • Leg injuries: Claims for leg injuries range from £8,000-£13,000 for a broken leg to £225,000-£264,000 for a double amputation. 

This is a small selection of the types of claims our experts can manage so please do get in touch. 

The trusted lawyers we work with have supported pedestrians seeking compensation to manage the mental and physical effects of being involved in a road accident. They also represent clients in passenger accident compensation cases. 

Successful road traffic accident claims 

Recent successful road traffic accident claims managed by selected, expert solicitors include: 

  • Filtering motorcyclist: While weaving his way through slow-moving traffic, our client was knocked off his bike and injured when a rear car door was opened. We rejected the defendant’s claim that our client was 50% responsible for the accident, an opinion that the Arbitrator upheld. 
  • Closed cycle lane: Our client was forced to join the main carriageway when his regular cycle lane was closed. He collided with a pothole and was thrown over the handlebars, sustaining multiple injuries. The council admitted a breach of duty, and our client recovered thousands of pounds. 
  • Hit by traffic: When going around a tight bend, our client’s motorcycle was hit by a vehicle closer to the white line than necessary. Despite the defendant’s solicitor initially entirely dismissing our client’s claim, this dismissal was overturned, leading to our client receiving £75,000. 
  • Pillion passenger: Our client was riding pillion when the motorbike they were on collided with a vehicle emerging from a side road. This caused several severe injuries and led to a successful claim of £80,000.

How to choose the right road traffic accident compensation solicitor 

You can choose from many road traffic accident solicitors in the UK. 

When deciding who’s going to represent you, look for the following four qualities: 

  • Expertise: The regulations covering personal injury and road traffic accidents are complex and nuanced, so select a solicitor who specialises in this area of the law. 
  • Experience: Look for a proven track record and ask a potential solicitor to tell you about when they’ve succeeded for a client in a similar situation. 
  • Excellent reviews: Find out what their other clients think about them. Online reviews can tell you more about their success rate and how much support they provide when your case is ongoing. 
  • No-win, no-fee: With a no-win, no-fee solicitor, you only pay if you successfully get compensation. 

If you want help, then contact The Compensation Experts. We only work with trusted, experienced specialist solicitors, who will represent you on a no-win, no-fee basis. Contact us today so we can put you in touch with the solicitor that’s best for you.