Start your claim now

No Win No Fee Public Space Injury Claims - Health & Safety Compensation

We specialise in helping victims who have suffered injury in a public area claim the compensation they deserve. We understand the impact an accident can have on someone's life; not just the physical pain, but also the psychological impact.

We are a claims management company and receive payment from our partnered law firms. If your free claim assessment is successful, you will be connected to a specialist law firm.

Public Place Injury Claims – Health & Safety Compensation

Have you had an accident in a public place? If you have, you need an ally that knows public area injury claims: so, turn to the experts.

Claims for accidents in a public area are among the most common reasons people initially contact The Compensation Experts. The owner of any public place, whether it is a council-owned school or a corporate-owned shopping centre, has a duty of care to make sure they take all reasonable steps to prevent an accident. Therefore, if you have an accident on their premises, you may be able to make a public area claim.

If you have had an accident in a public place, and it was someone else’s fault, get in touch with The Compensation Experts, to see if you can make a claim.

What is a Compensation Claim for an Injury in a Public Place?

Examples of compensation claims for injuries incurred in a public area include:

  • Closing lift doors in a shopping centre crushing you
  • Slipping on a wet floor after a spillage was not cleaned up
  • Contracting an illness from an inadequately cleaned public swimming pool
  • Injuries on a construction building site
  • Falling down unsecured or dimly lit stairs
  • Tripping on uneven pavement
  • Crashing your car or bike on poorly maintained roads
  • Accidents caused by a lack of warning signs and lighting around roadworks
  • Road traffic accidents while travelling in a bus or taxi

Public Place Injury Claim Example

An example of a claim we’ve dealt with, for an injury in a public place, was a woman who slipped on packaging which had been discarded in a supermarket aisle after staff had been restocking shelves.

As a result, the claimant’s personal injury solicitor successfully obtained compensation, by claiming under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 Act. This act states that owners of a public area need to take reasonable steps to ensure lawful visitors (i.e.: shoppers) are safe.

How to Claim

The easiest way to start a public place injury claim is to talk to The Compensation Experts. We have a team of excellent advisors who can answer your questions, find out about your individual situation, and, ultimately, give you the information you need to decide what to do next. This initial consultation is free, and so there is no obligation to continue afterwards.

If you choose to continue with your claim, we will pair you with a reputable and experienced public area injury solicitor, to give your claim every possible chance of success. They will leave no stone unturned in gathering the evidence required to prove that you were injured in a public place, that injury has affected you and, most importantly, that another party was responsible.

Once your solicitor has built the case, they will submit your request for compensation to the other party, who then has a set time to respond. They may immediately accept liability, in which case your solicitor will negotiate on your behalf until a financial settlement is agreed (with your approval), or the other party may deny responsibility. If this happens, your lawyer will submit your public area injury claim to court and continue to negotiate with the other party, with the intent of resolving the dispute before it reaches a judge. More than 90% of personal injury claims settle without going to court, so there is a strong probability that yours will too.

Call The Compensation Experts today, or fill in our online form and ask us to call at a time that suits you. We offer a No Win No Fee* agreement to make claiming simple and affordable.

*conditions may apply

    Speak to an expert now

    Am I eligible?

    If you have been injured in a public space in the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to claim compensation.
    Exceptions to this are, for instance, industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident. In each case, you may have a longer period to make a public area accident claim.

    Find out more

    How much could I claim?

    Each public place injury is different, so the amount of compensation paid out can vary between cases. Factors that contribute to the final figure include the extent of your injuries, earnings missed out on, and future losses.
    Our dedicated team of public area accident experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.

    Find out more

    How does the process work?

    When making a public area injury claim, it’s important to know what to expect from the process. That’s why we make your claim as transparent & clear as possible.
    Your solicitor will gather all the evidence before notifying the negligent party that you wish to begin public place accident claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be kept up to date every step of the way.

    Find out more