Motorbike Accident Experts
We specialise in helping victims of motorbike accidents and injuries claim the compensation they deserve
Motorbike Accident Claims
Motorcycle accidents may not be any more common than car crashes, but the lack of vehicle protection leaves riders incredibly vulnerable to catastrophic injury. Even the most responsible rider who follows the Highway Code and wears the correct protective clothing may have a motorcyclist accident which was not their fault. If this sounds like something that has happened to you, The Compensation Experts can help you claim for your motorbike accident today.
What is a Motorbike Accident Claim?
Nearly three-quarters of all motorcycle accidents involve a car, van, or lorry, with only a small percentage of motorbike injuries caused by poor road surfaces (potholes, ridges, etc.). Animals account for an even smaller amount again.
Motorcycle accident claims examples
The biggest reason behind motorbike accident claims, accounting for nearly two-third of all cases, is the driver of the other vehicle ignoring the motorcyclist’s right of way. This either occurs because they have not seen the motorcycle until it is too late, or because they are unaware of the laws about motorcyclists rights on the roads.
The number one cause of motorbike accident injuries, however, is another vehicle making a left turn in front of the motorcyclist at a junction. Other common examples of motorcycle accident claims include:
- Drivers may misjudge the speed of an oncoming motorcyclist. A collision can lead to serious motorbike injuries, with the rider much less protected than the driver.
- A motorcyclist may not be in a driver’s direct vision. If a rider is in a car’s blind spot, a driver may unintentionally swerve and cause a motorcycle accident.
- Drivers may not make sure to check for oncoming motorcyclists before opening their car door.
- A driver or motorcyclist may underestimate or potentially not be aware of adverse road conditions.
Some of the most common examples of motorcycle injury claims are:
Steps to prevent a motorcycle accident
There are some straightforward steps you can take to help keep you safe from a motorbike accident today and beyond. We’ve outlined how you can avoid motorcycle accidents:
- Make sure you are as visible as possible by wearing high-vis clothing and having headlights on even during the day.
- Wear the appropriate safety gear to reduce the risk of motorbike injuries.
- Be especially aware at the start of your trip – the majority of motorbike accidents occur shortly after the onset of the journey.
- Ride a bike that is bright in colour, at least on the section in front of the rider.
- Take a professional course. More than 90% of riders involved in a motorcyclist accident are self-taught, with over half of them being injured on a bike they had been riding for fewer than five months.
- Be alert to other road users’ actions. Always be aware that a driver could swerve or turn unexpectedly.
- Take extra care in wet, icy, or foggy conditions, and keep to sensible speeds.
Compensation Claims for Motorcycle Accidents
We are happy to offer you a free, no-obligation conversation to help you determine whether you have grounds to make a motorbike accident claim and, if so, what is the best way for you to proceed.
At The Compensation Experts, we work with a select pool of motorcycle accident lawyers who have the experience and knowledge necessary to obtain maximum compensation.
Our clients can take advantage of the no win no fee agreements that our third-party solicitors offer. Rather than paying upfront with no guarantee of receiving any motorbike accident compensation, this conditional agreement means you do not have to pay any legal fees if your application is unsuccessful. This takes the risk out of making a personal injury claim.
Typically, customers pay 25% including VAT of the compensation amount that is recovered by our third-party law firms, although this is subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be more or less than this. For example, you may be required to pay an additional fee for other costs such as after-the-event (ATE) insurance. Termination fees may apply.
How to claim for motorbike accident compensation
Contact The Compensation Experts to make a claim for your motorcycle accident today, and find out how we can help you get the compensation you deserve for the damages you have suffered.
Am I eligible?
If you have suffered motorbike injuries or been involved in an accident in the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for motorcycle accident compensation.
If you were a child at the time of the motorcycle accident, however, you may have a longer period to claim.
How much could I claim?
Motorbike injures and damages differ slightly from case to case, so the amount of motorcycle accident compensation paid out can vary. Factors that contribute to the final motorbike accident claim figure include the extent of your injuries, loss of earnings, and future losses.
Our dedicated team of motorcycle accident lawyers will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.
How does the process work?
We understand that, when making a claim, it’s important to know how the process works. That’s why your motorcycle accident lawyer will make each step as transparent & clear as possible.
Your motorcycle accident injury lawyer will gather all the evidence and notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. Negotiating on your behalf, your solicitor you will be keep up to date every step of the way.