Start your claim now

Hit and Run Accidents Claims

We are a claims management company and receive payment from our partnered law firms. If your free claim assessment is successful, you will be connected to a specialist law firm.

When you have a road traffic accident, it can be bad enough. But if the accident was a hit and run, then it can make you feel even worse. You may not know where to turn, or if you can make a claim for hit and run accidents at all. However, The Compensation Experts are here to help.

There have been recent reports of hit and run accidents in the UK, involving both drivers and pedestrians. If you have a hit and run accident, there are certain rules you must follow. For example, you must report your accident to the police. You must do this when the accident happens, or soon after.

hit and run accidents

Motor Insurers Bureau Claims after Hit and Run Accidents

If the road accident was caused by an uninsured or untraced driver, you may still be able to make a claim. This claim is from the Motor Insurers Bureau

The Motor Insurers Bureau is an organisation that insurance companies pay into in an accident with these drivers. This would be the case if the accident was a hit and run accident. The Motor Insurers Bureau will then pay the compensation rather than the insurance company.

If you are hit by a car as a pedestrian and you did not get the details of the driver, you may also be able to make a claim for compensation from the Motor Insurers Bureau.

You can also make Motor Insurers’ Bureau claims if you have an accident involving a driver who is uninsured.

MIB Minor Injuries Claims

The Motor Insurers’ Bureau are also covered for claims following the whiplash reforms. They recently announced the launch of Official Injury Claim, a new free and official service for people who suffer road traffic accident related minor injuries, such as whiplash, to claim compensation without the need for legal representation.

Developed on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, this easy-to-use online service guides someone through the process of making a claim, obtaining a medical report, managing that claim and, if their claim is successful, receiving compensation.

They state that Official Injury Claim can be used for claims up to £5,000 for a personal injury, rising to a total of £10,000 for all losses related to the accident (such as loss of earnings and damage to your car and property).

A claim can be made if:

  • someone is aged 18 or over
  • the accident happened in England or Wales
  • the accident happened on or after the 31st May 2021
  • someone was inside a vehicle
  • someone believes the accident was not their fault

The new service has been built to make the claims process inclusive and accessible to as many people as possible.

How We Can Help with Claiming for Hit and Run Accidents

Here at The Compensation Experts we work with solicitors who have years of experience in personal injury claims. This includes hit and run accidents, and other uninsured or untraceable driver claims. Contact us today by filling in our contact form. Or call us on 01614138765 to speak to one of our friendly knowledgeable advisors.