Office Work Injury Claims
We specialise in helping victims of injury claim the compensation they deserve
Office Accident Claims
When you think of people injuring themselves at work, you may picture a manufacturing or building environment. However, there are many types of office accidents that are equally impactful; it doesn’t matter where you work, because your employer has a legal and moral duty to ensure you are safe from office accidents wherever you are. Furthermore, the equipment you use shouldn’t pose a threat to your health or wellbeing, and your employer is required to provide training, so you can perform your job without suffering injuries in the office.
Office accident claims require a specialist, and The Compensation Experts regularly assist people who suffer accidents in the office. So, discover whether you’re eligible for an office accident claim today.
What is an Office Work Injury Claim?
We work with personal injury solicitors who have helped clients suffering from some of the most common office injuries. Examples of accidents in the office include:
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Cuts, sprains, and fractures from falling on wet floors
- Trips, slips and falls from loose carpet or flooring
- Back or neck strain from lifting a heavy object incorrectly, or without the correct equipment
- Eye strain from staring at a VDU or laptop screen
- Being struck by falling objects
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Electric shocks for faulty equipment
While office workers should take reasonable care to avoid some of the most common office injuries, employers also need to take any necessary measure to make the working environment safe and protect employees from office accidents.
An example of a successful office accident claim
We have a worker with an existing back condition, which was made known to their employer at the time of hiring. Despite several requests from the employee, however, the employer failed to undertake a risk assessment of the worker’s station which was poorly set up for their needs. This left the worker susceptible to injuries in the office.
As a result, the employee’s conditioned worsened to the point where they were unable to sit without pain. After initially refusing liability, the employer later accepted responsibility, and the office accident claim was settled out of court.
Compensation Claims for Office Injuries
There are two main stages to all potential office accident claims:
- You are required to prove the nature and extent of your office injuries. This may be a simple case of obtaining your medical records and the information from your employer’s accident log, or it may require an assessment by an independent medical expert to demonstrate the impact it has on your life now and how your future will be affected.
- For any office accident claim, you will have to prove that another party was responsible for your injury and that it was not an unavoidable or unforeseeable occurrence or a matter of chance. Once you have spoken with an advisor at The Compensation Experts, and they have determined whether you have grounds to make an office accident claim, you will be matched with one of the select group of office injury solicitors with whom we work.
We offer a No Win No Fee* (conditions may apply) agreement so you don’t have to pay a penny in legal fees if your office accident claim is not successful. Not only does this eliminate the need for paying anything upfront, but it also takes away the risk that you’ll be out of pocket at the end. *conditions apply
We are happy to call you back at a time convenient for you, to discuss your injuries in the office, so contact The Compensation Experts today.
*Please know that for such claims, certain conditions may apply. Refer to details regarding this at the bottom of the page.
Am I eligible?
If you have suffered injuries in the office within the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, you will be eligible for compensation. Exceptions to this include industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident. In each case, you may have a longer period to claim.Find out more
How much could I claim?
There are numerous types of office accidents, so the amount of compensation paid out often differs case to case. Factors that contribute to the final figure include extent of your office injuries, earnings missed out on, and future losses.
Our dedicated team of experts will give you an indication of how much compensation you could potentially claim for.
How does the process work?
We understand that when making office accident claims, it’s important to know what to expect. That’s why we make the process as transparent & clear as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence and notify the negligent party that you wish to begin office accident claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be kept up to date every step of the way.