Your local authority has the responsibility to take all reasonable steps to make the council property safe. Especially with the East Midlands Council: compensation claims are a tricky business, but all governments have a duty to their citizens.
These features include council buildings like schools and parks, council-owned homes, roads, pavements, and street lighting. If you have received an injury on council property due to their failure to fulfil their duty of care, you may be able to claim compensation with the help of The Compensation Experts.
What is East Midlands Council Compensation Claims?
Claims against the council can include:
- Damage one sustains from a pothole that is more than one inch (2.5 centimetres) deep. Instances can include tripping in the pothole while walking; cycling into a pothole and suffering an injury in a resulting crash, or; a pothole causes a car accident in which you suffer an injury or damage to your car.
- Injuries from tripping on uneven paving where a stone is sticking up by at least one inch.
- Being injured at work if you are a council employee. This includes no providing of adequate protective equipment or training.
- An injury to you or your child on faulty playground equipment that the council does not maintain professionally.
- Getting food poisoning from a council catering facility like a school canteen or café in a leisure centre.
You can request compensation for physical injury as well. Accordingly, some might include:
- The long term effects your injury will have on your life;
- Loss of income while incapacitated due to your injuries;
- Moreover, certain costs of medical treatment, and;
- In some cases, psychological damage.
Claiming Compensation from the Council
Whether you are a resident in their borough or not doesn’t matter. The fact remains: local authorities have a duty of care to take reasonable steps to ensure the area is safe, above all. Claiming compensation against a council starts by talking to an advisor at The Compensation Experts. From the jump, we’ll:
- answer your questions;
- advise if and how you can make a claim, and;
- give you the legal information you need to make sensible choices.
This initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation on your behalf.
As with most personal injury claims, the responsibility lies with the claimant to prove their case. Because we work with leading solicitors around the country, as well as the East Midlands. Moreover, we’ll match you with one in the right area with the most suitable experience to help you. Accordingly, they’ll:
- collect the evidence to demonstrate that harm came to you,
- demonstrate the extent of damages your injury is causing and;
- finally, prove that your accident was truly avoidable if not for the council’s negligence.
Once they compile your claim, your lawyer will submit it to the council’s legal department who have a set time to reply. They may accept liability in which case your lawyer will negotiate until they reach a fair amount of compensation you are happy to receive, or they may deny responsibility for your injury. In this instance, your lawyer will submit the claim to court and continue to negotiate with the council’s lawyers to reach an agreement before the case goes before a judge.
Get in touch with The Compensation Experts today and let us help you. In case you’d like to do so, you can call directly. So long as you have a time in mind, fill in our online contact form and ask us to call you at a more suitable time.
Need some help with Compensation Claims Against East Midlands Council or Nottingham Council?
Am I eligible?
If you have been harmed physically in the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, the short answer is yes.
Exceptions to this are for instance industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident you may have a longer period to claim.
How much could I claim?
As every injury is different, the amount of compensation paid out can differ case to case. Varying factors lead to the final figure include: extent of your injuries, earnings missed out on, future losses and more.
Our dedicated team of experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.
How does the process work?
We understand that when making a claim it’s important to know what to expect and when to expect it. That’s why we make the process as transparent & clear as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence and will notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be keep up to date every step of the way.
Expert council claim solicitors working for you
We specialise in helping victims of injury claim the compensation they deserve, in Melton Mowbray, Nottingham and surrounding areas in the East Midlands.
We work on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning if we don’t win your case you don’t pay! Once you make contact, our experienced team will work to recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Why should you use us?
No Win No Fee
We assess all claims on a No Win No Fee basis, then we can determine how successful a claim is likely to be. This service is 100% free.
We assess each claim on its merits with the information provide, which aids us determine its likely success rate.
Our dedicated panel are experts in securing compensation no matter the injury.
Our personal injury lawyers are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you while providing expert support every step of the way.
Personal Dedicated Solicitors
Each client is provided with their own Personal Injury lawyer who will work on the case from start to finish, being there every step of the way. The client will be provided with a direct phone number and direct email address of the lawyer.