What Information do you need to make a Financial Claim?

What Information do you need to make a Financial Claim?

If you think you may be able to make a financial claim, there is a variety of information and identification that will be necessary. This should include any information you can provide from when you made the investment, examples of which can include:

  • Any or all paperwork from the associated pension or investment
  • Evidence of when you were first contacted to discuss the pension or investment opportunity
  • Records of moving your pension or investment
  • Evidence of what your advisor recommended
  • A record of those you spoke to while making the pension or investment
  • A record of how much your pension you invested or moved

What if I don’t have all this information?

If you don’t have all this information to hand, that’s not a problem. Paperwork and detailed information are often not necessary, as we will gather the full details from the provider and assess this for you. We will then communicate the results to you in clear language. Having some evidence and records of the process can also be enough to begin the financial claims process.

Information do you need to make a Financial Claim

How to make a financial claim

If you’re a victim of financial mis-selling, we can help. Start your claim for financial services compensation by getting in touch with our team of expert advisors, who will discuss your case and determine your eligibility.

If your claim does warrant investigation, we will begin to gather information from the relevant investment providers, to assess both the extent of your financial loss and the quality of advice you were dealt at the point of sale.

After conducting our initial research, we will write a bespoke letter of complaint which will be sent on your behalf to the trading business (or Financial Services Compensation Scheme, if they’re no longer active). At this point, your case will follow one of two avenues:

  1. Your complaint will be upheld and you will receive the compensation you deserve for your damages and financial loss.
  2. Your complaint will be refuted, and we will advise you on the next steps. We will also let you know how we plan to escalate the case according to Financial Ombudsman compensation guidelines.

What is the Financial Services Compensation scheme?

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK’s statutory insurance body that protects consumers when firms and businesses fail to pay damages for financial malpractice. This is often because the trading firm has gone out of business. In these cases, the FSCS will pay your compensation.

How We Can Help

Here at The Compensation Experts, we work with solicitors who have years of experience with financial mis-selling claims. This means that they can help with any questions you have about the information you need to make a financial claim. If you think you may have a potential claim, contact us today by filling in or contact form. Or call us to speak to one of our friendly experts.