Man Seriously Injured by Stolen Moped in Hit and Run Accident

Police are appealing for witnesses after a man in his 60s was seriously injured when he was hit in a hit and run accident by a stolen moped in Leeds.

The man was crossing the road on South Parkway at a junction on Wednesday 8 September when the moped overtook a bus at about 50mph and hit him. Police said he went to hospital with serious head injuries and a number of broken bones.

The passenger on the moped was subsequently arrested. Police have now issued a CCTV image in a bid to identify the rider “who was wearing a distinctive helmet”.

Motor Insurers Bureau Claims after A Hit and Run Accident

If the cause of the road accident was an uninsured or untraced driver, you may still be able to make a claim. This claim is from the Motor Insurers Bureau

The Motor Insurers Bureau is an organisation that insurance companies pay into in an accident with these drivers. This would be the case if the accident was a hit and run accident. The Motor Insurers Bureau will then pay the compensation rather than the insurance company.

If a vehicle hits you and you did not get the details of the driver, you may also be able to make a claim for compensation from the Motor Insurers Bureau.

You can also make Motor Insurers’ Bureau claims if you have an accident involving a driver who is uninsured.

hit and run

MIB Minor Injuries Claims

The Motor Insurers’ Bureau also includes claims following the whiplash reforms. They launched the Official Injury Claim portal. This is a free and official service for people who suffer road traffic accident related minor injuries, such as whiplash, to claim compensation without the need for legal representation.

Developed on behalf of the Ministry of Justice, this easy-to-use online service guides someone through the process of making a claim, obtaining a medical report, managing that claim and, if their claim is successful, receiving compensation.

They state that someone who has an accident can use Official Injury Claim for claims up to £5,000 for a personal injury. They rise to a total of £10,000 for all losses related to the accident. This includes loss of earnings and damage to your car and property.

The MIB built the new service to make the claims process inclusive and accessible to as many people as possible.

How We Can Help

Here at The Compensation Experts, we work with solicitors who have years of experience dealing with personal injury claims. This includes a hit and run accident claim. Contact us today by filling in our contact form. Or call us on 01614138765 to speak to one of our friendly knowledgeable advisors.