Kitchen Injury Claims
We specialise in helping victims of Kitchen Injury Claims the compensation they deserve
Kitchen Injury Claims
Kitchens are hazardous environments in which to work. There is ample opportunity to be burnt or cut, or to injure yourself slipping on a dirty floor. Accidents can happen, and if you have had an accident and it wasn’t your fault, then The Compensation Experts can help.
We work with personal injury solicitors who specialise in claiming compensation for kitchen staff and wait staff who have had a kitchen accident due to someone else’s negligence. Even if you are unsure whether you will make a compensation claim, we are also happy to have a free, no-obligation discussion to give you the information you need to make an informed choice about what to do next.
What is a Kitchen Accident Claim?
While there is some onus on employees to keep their workplace safe, doing things like immediately wiping up spills or notifying management or potential hazards, employers have an obligation to their employees to provide a safe environment in which to work. Examples of kitchen accidents include:
- Slips and trips. Slipping on a wet floor, tripping over uneven flooring, or falling over an obstacle left in a walkway are all common kitchen accidents that can easily cause fractures, sprains, and dislocations.
- Scalds and burns. These injuries can happen from handling pots or plates without adequate protection, or hot water coming out of a tap at an excessively high temperature. They can also be caused by incorrect use of fryers, steamers, and hobs.
- It is not only knives which can cut in a kitchen but other items like slicers and graters as well. Cuts can happen when blades are in use and when they are stored incorrectly.
You may have grounds for a successful compensation claim for a kitchen accident if your employer has not:
- Provided you with adequate training about the risks in your workplace and how to manage them
- Ensured you have the correct safety equipment
- Checked and maintained all equipment to a high standard
- Defined safety procedures for things like cleaning spills immediately, or keeping pathways clear, and provide you with the equipment to do this
- Have clearly defined procedures for dealing with accidents like burns and cuts
A case study of a successful kitchen accident compensation claim featured a waiter working in the restaurant of a top London hotel who slipped on a greasy floor and injured his foot and ankle. He was unable to work for several months while recovering from his injury and was left unable to stand for extended periods of time. It led to him needing to work fewer, shorter shifts and losing income as a result.
Claiming Compensation for Kitchen Accidents
Talk to The Compensation Experts about our No Win No Fee* service, which takes the risk out of paying legal fees upfront. Firstly, our advisors will speak to you about the circumstances around your injury. They will then advise whether your claim has a good chance of success. We also work with respected personal injury lawyers who will represent your best interests, collating evidence and negotiating on your behalf to reach an appropriate settlement.
So call us now, or fill in our online form and we will contact you at a time that suits you.
*conditions may apply
Am I eligible?
If you have been harmed physically in the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, the short answer is yes.
Exceptions to this are for instance industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident. In these cases you may then have a longer period to claim.Find out more
How much could I claim?
As every injury is different, the amount of compensation paid out can also differ case to case. Varying factors lead to the final figure. These include: extent of your injuries, loss of earnings, future losses and more.
Our dedicated team of experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.Find out more
How does the process work?
We understand that when making a claim it’s important to know what to expect and when to expect it. That’s why we make the process as transparent & clear as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence. They will then notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be up to date every step of the way.Find out more