Factory workers in Britain have had their working conditions protected since the introduction of the Factory Acts in 1803. However, even in these modern times of health and safety, improved training and modern machinery, human error and negligence can still cause accidents to happen. It doesn’t matter if you are a permanent or temporary employee or a visitor to the site, if you have been injured in an accident at a factory, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
The Compensation Experts work with experienced personal injury solicitors who understand the law around factory accidents, and who appreciate the impact being injured at work can have on you and your family. We offer to handle claims on a No Win, No Fee* basis so you are not liable to pay any legal costs upfront, or at all if your application is unsuccessful. *conditions apply
What is a Factory Accident Claim?
The cause behind compensation claims for factory accidents can include:
- Insufficient provision of training and equipment to lift heavy objects safely, which can lead to back, neck, and shoulder damage. We have also spoken to clients who have injured their feet from having a heavy object dropped on them.
- Injuries arising from forklift truck accidents. These can either be a person who has been struck by a vehicle by a driver who is negligent or improperly trained or because there is not a clearly defined pedestrian path. Improper use and maintenance of the vehicle can also cause a forklift truck accident.
- Slips, trips, and falls on slippery surfaces due to inadequate inspection and cleaning processes.
- Employees injured in heavy machinery accidents because they are inadequately trained, do not have the correct safety equipment or because the machine is inadequately inspected and maintained.
A range of industrial diseases can also be caused by poor working conditions in factories and can include; industrial deafness, occupational asthma, Vibration White Finger syndrome and occupational dermatitis.
Factory Accident Compensation Claims
Figures from The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) indicate more than 3,000 people are injured in manufacturing work accidents every year. Some of these are genuine accidents where no person is to blame. For the others, however, The Compensation Experts can help by providing you with expert advice and referring you to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Your employer’s legal responsibility to protect you is clearly defined in six separate health and safety regulations. These may occasionally be collectively called the Six Pack, and include rules for:
- Manual Handling
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
- Provision of Use of Work Equipment
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work
- Health and Safety of Display Screen Equipment Regulations
Your solicitor will seek to prove that your employer failed to adhere to these regulations. Where applicable, they may also show you did not have the correct safety equipment or that they provided tools that were not fit for purpose.
If you have been injured in a factory accident, contact The Compensation Experts today for professional advice about whether you have grounds for a claim, and how to proceed.
*some conditions may apply
Need some help?
Am I eligible?
If you have been harmed physically in the last three years, due to someone else’s negligence, the short answer is yes.
Exceptions to this are for instance industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident you may have a longer period to claim.
How much could I claim?
As every injury is different, the amount of compensation paid out can differ case to case. Varying factors lead to the final figure include: extent of your injuries, earnings missed out on, future losses and more.
Our dedicated team of experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.
How does the process work?
We understand that when making a claim it’s important to know what to expect and when to expect it. That’s why we make the process as transparent & clear as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence and will notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be keep up to date every step of the way.
Why should you use us?
No Win, No Fee*
We assess all claims on a No Win, No Fee basis, then we can determine how successful a claim is likely to be. This service is 100% free.
We assess each claim on its merits with the information provide, which aids us determine its likely success rate. *conditions apply
Our dedicated panel are experts in securing compensation no matter the injury.
Our panel of personal injury law firms are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you while providing expert support every step of the way.
Personal Dedicated Team
Each client is provided with their own Personal Injury solicitor who will work on the case from start to finish, being there every step of the way. The client will be provided with a direct phone number and direct email address of the solicitor.